Fatty arms can be embarrassing. It can mar your appearance. Even people with slim figures sometimes have unusually flabby arms, which look odd. Fatty arms can stop you from wearing sleeveless clothes.
But you don’t have to get upset. It is difficult to get rid of arm fats, but not impossible. With a combination of the right exercises and a lean diet, you can achieve slim and tones arms. Before we learn the best way to lose arm fat, let’s take a quick look at what causes fatty arms.
What causes fatty arms?
Fatty arms generally develop due to the accumulation of excess fat on the arms. It is comparatively easier to burn fat from other body areas, but to get rid of fat from the arms is a bit difficult. As a result, the fats continue to accumulate in the arm area, leading to fatty arms. Fat deposition in the arms can occur due to the following reasons –
- Unhealthy diet
- Consuming more calories than required
- Lack of regular exercise
- Growing age, as your lean muscles, decreases with age, and your body tends to store more fats in various body parts. As the metabolism rate decreases with age, you end up burning fewer calories.
- Rapid weight gain
What are the best ways to lose arm fat?
The best way to lose arm fat is staying physically active, along with eating a healthy diet. You must cut down all the extra calories that you consume throughout the day, and must follow an appropriate exercise regime that targets your arms.
Certain household works like mopping, cleaning, rolling, etc., are also good to keep your arms active. Read the following section to learn certain tips that can help you to effectively lose arm fats.
Bring changes to your food habits to restrict your total calorie consumption-
- Eat several small meals throughout the day, instead of having big meals. Incorporate all the essential nutrients in the meals. Add more and more veggies and fruits to your meals. Make sure your diet contains enough protein. Incorporate high fiber into your diet.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking loads of water throughout the day. Drink warm water after waking up in the morning. Stop drinking sugary fruit juice or cold drinks.
- Do not skip your breakfast. Breakfast is the first meal of the day, skipping it can make you crave more food for the rest of the day.
- Drink green tea, which can stimulate your metabolism process.
Exercises to specifically tone your arms
The fastest way to lose arm fat is that you do some regular physical activities which specifically target your arms, besides consuming a healthy diet. Here we provide a list of exercises that can be of great help to lose the overall fat content of your body and also tone your arms.
1. Do regular jogging, or exercise with jumping ropes. You can also start with brisk walking. These can help you to lose overall body fat.
2. Pushups: Pushups are excellent ways to burn calories in your arm area, and for toning your arms. You do not need gym equipment for doing this exercise. Pushups work wonderfully on your triceps.
To perform pushups, you first lie down on the floor on your belly, then take a push-up position as you keep your feet together, and hands shoulder-width apart. Keep your elbows straight.
Now take your body down close to the floor by bending your elbows. Your stomach must not touch the ground. Do 3 sets of 10 reps.
3. One Arm Triceps: Burn the accumulated fat in the back of your arms by doing one-arm triceps, and get fabulously toned arms. Sit on the floor keeping your legs and feet placed together.
Keep your hands on the ground shoulder-width apart, as your fingers are directed to your hips. Keep one foot behind your hip. Place your feet flat on the ground, as you bend your knees. Now raise your hips as you straighten your arms.
Your arms should feel the weight. Bend your left elbow, as you lower your hips to the floor with the help of your still straight right hand. Make sure not to touch the floor. Repeat the same steps with the other arm.
4. Triceps dips: Want to get super toned, beautiful arms? Then you must do this exercise. Use a two feet height chair or desk. The exercise will need your triceps to take the whole body weight.
Place a desk or chair in such a way that it does not move. Stand in front of the chair so that the chair is at your back, keeping a distance of 3 feet. Place your palms on the chair and straight your upper body and bend your knees so that you are in a line with the chair or desk height.
Now lower your body close to the ground by bending your elbows, and then again pull your body up to the initial position. Perform 3 sets of 20 reps daily, and see the result.
5. Opposite arm and leg lift: This one can be one of the best ways to lose arm fat. Along with strengthening and toning your arms, this exercise can strengthen your leg muscles too.
Take a position on the ground so that your knees should be below your hips, and your hands should be placed below your shoulders. As you take the posture, keep your body raised against the floor. Now straighten your right arm as you raise it, with fingers pointing forward.
At the same time, lift and straighten your left leg backward. Stay there for some time before you return to your original position. Repeat the same with your left hand and right leg. Repeat 15-20 times.
Stop worrying about your fat arms, just start the above-described exercises and follow a healthy, balanced diet, if you want to get rid of those flabby arms. Want to know your customized diet to lose arm fat?
Visit Immunosciences and schedule an appointment for direct or online consultation with our nutritionist and dietician at the earliest. Stay focused; do not give in to fatty foods, so that at the next party, you can wear your favorite sleeveless dress.